New Contacts – TipToe and Devil Dog!
â€¢ Criminals get to meet TipToe, Tyron Sennetâ€™s long lost daughter. Sheâ€™s employed by
the Blood Roses but runs with her own brood of elite sociopaths. She can be found
hanging out on top of the APD car park in Financial.
â€¢ Enforcers join ranks with Devil Dog, an ex-sniper who was honourably discharged
from the Marines on medical grounds. He now works for the Prentiss Tigers and can
be found on the roof of the abandoned â€œMunsonâ€™s Screw Boltâ€� factory in Financial.
â€¢ Both contacts add 20 levels of progression each and hand out the latest
experimental gadgets and gear to all those who can earn it.
â€¢ NOTE: You must be Rank 195 to unlock these top contacts.
New Mods and Progression Rewards!
â€¢ Players who get referred to TipToe and Devil Dog can look forward to the following
â€¢ Radar Jammer
– An activatable character mod that will block your opponentâ€™s radar with your
deployed graffiti. Warning: The jamming signal will make you visible on the radars
of enemy players outside the jamming range – however it wonâ€™t block your
teammates, so working together is key to taking down a confused enemy.
â€¢ Valzipram Tablets
– This experimental military drug is a character mod that has found its way to San
Paro. This muscle relaxant pill will increase your resistance to speeding traffic.
â€¢ Horizontal Muzzle Brake
– This weapon mod is a recoil compensator that takes gases produced by the
weapon and directs them sideways, reducing horizontal recoil at the expense of
â€¢ Mobility Sling
– This weapon mod is a Joker manufactured sling designed to act as a stability aid
while moving. This allows the user to walk or run faster while in marksmanship
mode, though the complex attachment system does slightly increase weapon
– This weapon mod attaches RFID Tags to fired rounds, effectively highlighting them
on the Heads Up Displays (HUD) of you and your team. An ideal mod for snipers as
it helps them designate a badly wounded target.
– Activate this vehicle mod to jam the accelerator pedal with a brick and send your
vehicle careering forward â€“ with or without you.
â€¢ Inventory Space Increases
– With these inventory space increase unlocks you can now add more vehicles,
clothing, weapons and more to your Locker!
â€¢ Skinned Weapons, Vehicles and Clothing
– Players who can earn the full trust of TipToe and Devil Dog will be rewarded with
a unique weapon and vehicle as well as iconic clothing in the style of the contacts
New Feature – Fight Club Challenges!
â€¢ We’ve introduced weekly 3-tier challenge events for players to complete and
compete for in the Fight Club Districts. Play well and receive top rewards!
â€¢ Complete objectives, deal damage, earn cash, kill enemies and lots more, depending
on the challenge in the district.
â€¢ Check your progress using the challenge HUD information box, or see more
information and your leaderboard position by pressing F6, which brings up
the dedicated Challenge interface.
â€¢ Rewards range from cold hard cash right up to new and unique weapons, leasable
from contacts in the usual way.
New Fight Club Mission Type!
â€¢ Scavenger – A new mission type where players grab and capture items to hold in
their checkpoints. The more items you hold the faster you can win the mission â€“ be
careful though, the enemy can take them back at any time.
Combat, Mission and Weapon Changes!
â€¢ Marksmanship and sprinting mobility improvements
– Marksmanship and sprinting movement speed is now determined by the weight and
encumbrance of a weapon. This means that you can technically sprint with every
weapon, but how fast you move will be determined by the weight and bulkiness of
your weapon. Players using small and light weapons will also notice an increase in
movement speed while in marksmanship mode.
â€¢ Light Frag Grenades
– Players who earn the respect of TipToe or Devil Dog will be rewarded with this
new grenade type. Players can carry 3 light frag grenades at one time, and the
damage caused by each grenade is somewhere between that of a percussion
grenade and a normal frag grenade.
â€¢ Checkpoint Volumes Tweaked
– Updated those pesky drop-off volumes so that they are much lower, and while
bright at a distance they become less so close up, while not being exploitable as
â€¢ Financial – Alexandria Park and Display
– Remodelled parking complex in the Financial district that now gives players access
to its top floor and roof. Be warned though, this is TipToeâ€™s haunt, so you should
only visit it if you have business with her â€“ otherwise you might find yourself walking
â€¢ Financial – New Cross Skate Park
– Rebuilt and re-envisioned, the skate park is now an exciting prospect for all you
budding stunt car drivers – just be careful how you treat it while the owner is away…
â€¢ Financial – Club Gaijin
– Now has a rear access to the upper floor, making assaulting this position much
easier than before. There is also a recreational area out back so you can hang out
after popping some grenades in the door…
â€¢ Financial – Praetorian Offices (Justin Teng)
– A new stairwell has been installed in the rear of the building allowing access to the
upper section of the building, making this popular camping ground far harder
â€¢ Financial – St Medina’s Incinerator (opposite Wilson LeBoyce)
– A rear access corridor to the roof has been added to give a new route for attackers,
and the rear courtyard now houses overflow waste waiting to be incinerated.
â€¢ Financial – SPPD Offices (Violet Prentiss, Ty Durrant and Grissom)
– The interior decorator has been in and given these offices a fresh lick of paint and
installed some new lighting fixtures.
â€¢ Waterfront – The Villanueva
– The luxurious sea front property has had some work done to its upper balcony,
allowing Michael Simeone to relax in style – though heâ€™s thinking of hiring some
security to keep the riffraff out…
â€¢ Waterfront – Rimbaud Cocktails
– A Cocktail bar “Re-Birthed” and reopened in the down town area of the Waterfront
district, just across from the Tsunami Casino. An exclusive bar, its popularity among
the wealthier of San Paro inhabitants has blessed it with a 24 hour alcohol licence.
The cocktail menu is in mixed Mandarin and Renaissance Italian and the house
absinthe is apparently the best in the city.
â€¢ Waterfront – The Prentiss Boxing Club
– The Prentiss boxing club is a popular place to train in the â€œnoble artâ€� and maybe
learn a few more â€œunorthodoxâ€� methods of combat. A popular hangout for Prentiss
Tigers both old and new, the gym itself is not currently open to the public but its
break area and upper balcony are, offering a strongly defensible location to set
â€¢ The Beacon
– The construction of The Beacon continues moving forward – the site has recently
had some new scaffolding installed, making it easier to ascend to the roof from the
front of the building. General work has been on going, so you will find various
tweaks and changes to this decadent high rise building. Some blank billboards, that
are just asking to be tagged, have also been installed at the entrance to the
â€¢ Baylan Shipping
– A shipment of new crates was recently “commandeered” by the factions and
relocated (with some planks they also “borrowed”) to give them new routes to
navigate the Baylan container yard. The Criminal faction have also set up a new,
better fortified, base at the feet of the crane. The billboards by the Enforcer’s base
are now free for anyone looking to throw up some of their tags.
â€¢ All Kevlar Mods now have their acceleration penalties removed, and their effects
– Kevlar 1 – 10% increase in health, 15% sprint speed reduction.
– Kevlar 2 – 20% increase in health, 15% run speed reduction and 20% sprint speed
– Kevlar 3 – 30% increase in health, 20% run speed reduction and 30% sprint speed
â€¢ The gas station around the city now play the appropriate audio while you are near
them – so you can listen to the friendly announcements and soothing music while
they buff the bullet holes out of your bonnet.
â€¢ You have mail! A new sound has been added for announcing when the player
receives a new in-game mail.
â€¢ Vehicle door audio – the car door opening sound has been tweaked to better match
the timing of the animation.
â€¢ Overall vehicle audio has been remixed to better match the volume of the
environment in general.
â€¢ Various parts of all districts have had their environmental audio vastly improved.
â€¢ Weapon Sounds – the following weapons have had their firing sounds updated:
– Colby RSA
– Agrotech DMR-AV
– Joker SR15
– Joker CR5
– Colby PMG 28
Threat Level Remap!
â€¢ Now that the threat levels have stabilised across the playerbase, we are remapping
some of the threat values to new threat levels. This means that some players may
see their threat shift, but all this helps us spread out the different skill levels more
evenly to improve matchmaking in the game.
– Overall this vehicle is slightly more fast and manoeuvrable, with an increased
clearance, and no longer pulls to the right.
– Adjusted suspension travel on all wheels from 15cms to 21cms. This ensures full
grip for all wheels on the road, so vehicle doesn’t veer right when accelerating.
– Raised suspension from 12cm to 18cm (necessary due to suspension travel
– Slightly improved Torque at 500rpm for improved acceleration from stationary.
– Reduced suspension damping and increased stiffness to reduce flexibility of
now increased suspension.
– Reduced amount of engine torque applied to the chassis.
– Increased engine braking factor.
– Increased reverse throttle
– Increased steering angles at all speeds.
– Adjusted centre of mass to be lower and nearer the front (makes sense for a
– Slightly improved maximum speed.
– Overall this is now a much tighter car, and more comparable to the Mikro. It does
however keep some of its bounciness and character, but doesn’t lose wheel
contact with the road when turning and is a lot more restrained.
– Camera can move nearer the vehicle now.
– Vehicle profile slightly lowered by increasing axle height for all wheels.
– Suspension travel distance near halved from 60cms to 35cms.
– Suspension travel speed increased so it will react and adjust suspension faster
(50cms-1 to 75cms-1)
– Rear lateral grip with handbrake very slightly increased to make the rear wheels
slightly more grippy when moving them horizontally.
– Enabled the Limited Slip Differential at 50% to ensure stable power to all wheels
regardless of which are touching the ground.
– Increased suspension damping and stiffness. This provides fairly dynamic but
– Slightly reduced amount of engine torque applied to chassis, to stop the wheels
lifting off the ground under simple acceleration in most circumstances.
– Improved steering angles at all speeds. This is now slightly more manoeuvrable
than the Mikro on paper (though its raised profile means it can’t react faster).
– Adjusted centre of mass downwards slightly to make sure it still always lands on
â€¢ Updated Michael Simeone – a man of his reputation needs to have a certain look…
â€¢ Updated one or two existing contacts as well, the new guys in town certainly made
â€¢ Fixed an issue where playerâ€™s customisations changes were not being saved due to
an overflow in the character data.
â€¢ Fixed characters being able to wear clothing meant for the opposite faction only.
â€¢ Fixed an issue where wrong data could be displayed if the player’s steam avatar
could not be retrieved.
â€¢ Fixed an issue with VSync where user preferences would not actually be applied.
NOTE: VSync is now enabled by default.
â€¢ Fixed an exploit where players were placing task items on shelving and then
destroying the box they used to get up there, making them unrecoverable.
â€¢ Fixed a local client issue where a weapon would appear to fire faster after shooting
while holding a task item.
â€¢ Deleting a weapon will no longer delete the mods equipped on that weapon (if you
own them), too many players were ignoring the warning message and deleting them
anyway. And then complaining. Check your Locker for the mods.
â€¢ Numerous fixes to help improve the stability of the client.
â€¢ Fixed a number of rare server crashes.
â€¢ Fixed an issue that was preventing the districts from being able to be sorted by threat
level on the instances tab.
â€¢ “Hide full” option is now working correctly on the instances tab.
â€¢ Players are no longer able to prevent a point from being captured by kicking a player
from the mission while they are capturing it.
â€¢ Missions will now end in a draw if both sides have an equal amount of items in their
drops. Previously the mission owners would always lose.
â€¢ Removed the treasure chest from the pool of large task items due to an animation
â€¢ No longer possible to trigger an infinite Overtime state on stages that have a
contestable bomb target.
â€¢ The VIP can now see their in-world icon, so they donâ€™t have to spend 30secs (and
valuable lives) trying to work out who the VIP actually is.
â€¢ The world space icons used for VIPs and players on Deathmatch stages should now
vanish as soon as a player dies.
â€¢ Players will no longer be kicked from a district for being idle if their group is already
on a mission when they join a Fight Club district â€“ they will be added to the mission
â€¢ A palette on the first floor of The Beacon will no longer be left floating in mid-air
when it is destroyed by explosive damage.
â€¢ The flag pole and music display point can no longer be destroyed on Baylan
â€¢ The vehicle spawner at the back the map on Baylan Shipping has been fixed so it will
no longer catapult longer vehicles like the Moirai forward when they are spawned.
â€¢ Criminal players are now told when they go over $1500 open world cash that they will
be witnessable by any Enforcer.
â€¢ Leased ARMAS weapons now show the correct expiry time.
â€¢ Criminal players are no longer able to climb into the Enforcer base and interact with
La Rocha in the Social District.
â€¢ Fixed an issue that was preventing players being given the “Standing level up!”
New Items Coming to Armas Soon!
â€¢ Paramilitary Gear – This custom military clothing set for the Criminal faction
– Combat Parka
– Combat belt
– Thigh Rig (Left and Right)
– Chest Rig
– Riflemen Chest Rig Configuration
â€¢ New vehicle kits for the Seiyo Espacio and Nomad Pioneer
– Recent intel from San Paro suggests that the Criminals are adopting the Pioneer
and the Enforcers are now using the Espacio in some cases, both with their own
unique ‘adjustments’ of course.
â€¢ Also look out for a fan favourite making a return to the Armas store sometime
soon – “Give Thanks” to the powers that be!